Date: 3/25/18 1:03 pm
From: Gary or Karen Gentile <kbbb99...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] recent sightings in Asbury
Went to Allenhurst Water Tower last week and looked and looked but did not find
the Peregrines. I will now be searching for the Radio Tower to visit the Ospreys
setting up housekeeping.
I have also been around Asbury Park High School looking for the Eagles that
are there.
There was a Great White Egret on Deal Lake today, off Wickapecko Dr by golf
course,that was "sleeping" and a couple of Hooded Mergansers.
Great finds James!!!!

Karen
Wanamassa, NJ

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 25, 2018, at 10:18 AM, James O'Brien <jphillipobrien...> wrote:
>
> On March 18th, the ospreys showed up and started tending the nest atop the Allenhurst radio tower. The resident peregrines really aren’t happy about it and let that be known although the Osprey were unflappable.
> https://flic.kr/p/24oYS13
> The raven that tried to nest on the water tower did however get the message and moved its nest somewhere else. On the water, there are still a few common and red breasted mergs although their numbers are way down. Wood ducks can be heard whistling along the banks of Interlaken. I also had a flock of about 200 robin overhead and tracked them to some American Holly growing along Main St. Finally,there was this group of 3 GBH sunning themselves over by Asbury HS. Great birding!
> https://flic.kr/p/HkWcWy
>
> James
> Asbury Park, NJ
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>