Date: 3/13/18 12:53 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Finally Something At Lake Opeka Plus Other Lakes Tuesday 3-13-18
Hello Bird People,

Had to renew my drivers license today so as I was in Des Plaines to do
that I just checked the local lakes for ducks & loons.

Lake Opeka in Des Plaines (10:45-11 a.m.)

There has been nothing here previously but today I had

Horned Grebe (1)
Canada Geese (31)
Mallard (8)
Red Breasted Merganser (1-PR)
Ring Billed (42) & Herring (4) Gulls

Axehead Lake (11:20-11:30 a.m.)

Canada Geese (12)
Mallard (8)
Redhead (3-M & 1-F)
Goldeneye (3-F)

Belleau Lake

Nothing but Canada Geese (5) & Mallards (26)

Beck Lake (12:05-12:20 a.m.)

Canada Geese (55)
Mallard (1-PR)
Gadwall (2-M & 1-F)
Red Breasted Merganser (2)
Ring Billed Gull (34)

Big Bend Lake (12:25-1 p.m.)

Great Blue Heron (3)
Canada Geese (24)
Mallard (9)
Common Merganser (1-M)
Red Breasted Merganser (258)
Killdeer (3 on the grass)
Ring Billed (94) & Herring (30) Gulls (The Herring Gulls are all
trying to steal fish from the Mergs)

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Opeka Common Loon & Runner-Up to the Redhead Ducks.

Al Stokie
In local Cook County today after a pretty long time at the license place

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional