Date: 3/11/18 11:57 am
From: bird.habitat <bird.habitat...>
Subject: [obol] Rough-legged Hawk, Western Meadowlark, common Loon at Steigerwald
At Steigerwald Lake NWR a few minutes ago a female light morph Rough-legged Hawk soared slowly over the field not too far from the parking lot, heading west, right over the path so we got a fantastic view of her very dark belly band and wrists. A male Northern Harrier crossed underneath her for a great size comparison. It was also fun to watch the Harriers performing courtship aerobatics.

We watched a Western Meadowlark flying and feeding alongside the river dike road with the American Robins.

The Common Loon was in the river coming in and out of view below the dike near the Purple Martin posts.

Elizabeth Collins
Portland POST: Send your post to <obol...>
OBOL archives:
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!