Date: 3/4/18 4:43 pm
From: David Young via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Lake Fairfax, Osprey
I drove into Lake Fairfax today for first time since the high winds
subsided to more seasonal early March gusts. I was looking for
possible Pipits, Savannah Sparrows, etc.,driven down by winds but
when I got out of the car at the Water Mine parking lot the first thing
I heard overhead was an Osprey getting conversational with an adult
Bald Eagle close by.
My early date for an Osprey at the park is February 28th in 2014,
this ranks second and it may have been here for a few days already.

David Young