Date: 3/3/18 1:25 pm
From: Ryan Justice <blackburnian151...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Help with WA Trip June 2018
Hey Washington birder, I'm from NC and will be taking a birding trip to
Washington in mid-June of this year and would love some help and advice on
my target list. I have birded in Montana before so I have a lot of the
really easy western species, but outside from that trip, I've only birded
the eastern seaboard.

We will fly into Portland and bird around there (I figure y'all would have
some knowledge about the area as its not far at all from the border), and
then head to the southeastern part of the state, then up the Cascades to
the Seattle area, and then back down the coast to Portland.

It would be a TON of help if a few experienced birders could email me off
list and help with the following targets (some of them I know are easy, but
am going to post the entire list anyway)

Thanks in advance

1. Mountain Quail- seems tough
2. Sooty Grouse
3. Brandt's Cormorant
4. Pelagic Cormorant
5. Ferruginous Hawk- probably have to find a nest?
6. Sooty Shearwater- any reliable location from shore? We're considering
probably doing a Westport pelagic but if for some reason that doesn't
materialize we'd need to look for these from shore
7. Black Oystercatcher
8. Wandering Tattler- seems unreliable in season
9. Heermann's Gull
10. Mew Gull
11. Western Gull
12. Glaucous-winged Gull
13. Common Murre
14. Piegon Guillemot
15. Marbled Murrelet
16. Anciet Murrelet
17. Cassin's Auklet
18. Rhinoceros Auklet
19. Tufted Puffin
20. Band-tailed Pigeon
21. Barn Owl
22. Western Screech-Owl
23. Northern-Pygmy Owl
24. Great Gray Owl- I know that info on this bird is a touchy subject as
ebird has removed all data, but I know the bird can be seen in the SE of
the state. If anyone would like to share I will be careful with the info
25. Common Poorwill
26. Black-chinned Hummingbird
27. Anna's Hummingbird
28. Acorn Woodpecker