Date: 3/2/18 4:23 pm
From: David Gillilan <david.gillilan09...>
Subject: [cobirds] Information For CFO's 2018 Convention
Colorado Field Ornithologists (CFO) is pleased to report that preparations
for CFO's 2018 convention are rapidly coming to fruition!

The convention, as previously advertised, will take place May 17-20, 2018,
with headquarters at the Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel in Longmont.
Scheduled field trips will extend out widely in all directions, at a time
of year that plenty of both native and migratory birds should be expected.
Convention registration should be available starting around early-to-mid
March, and run through May 2.

In the meantime, we have posted a convention preview and the convention
agenda on the CFO website, where they can be viewed at the Next Convention
page, Those two documents
contain more information and details than described here, and are also
posted in pdf format for downloading or printing if desired. More
information, including field trip information, will be posted to that site
as it becomes available.

A few more things to note:

Many rooms have already been booked at the Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel,
after previous posts about rooms being available at a discount for those
identifying themselves as CFO convention registrants. There are still
rooms available, though some types of rooms are becoming scarce. If you
are planning to stay at the Best Western, you should probably think about
making reservations with them sooner rather than later, at 303-776-2000.

As in recent years, CFO will attempt to notify, by email (MailChimp), all
current members of CFO as to the opening of convention registration prior
to making a more public announcement. So, you may want to make sure that
your membership is current before then — and keep in mind that current CFO
members get $20 off the convention registration fees that non-members pay,
as well. (And our apologies up front for those we can’t contact due to our
having outdated or misspelled email addresses on file, or because MailChimp
is directed into some peoples’ junk mail folders; we don’t have any better
way to contact our entire membership.)

And then also, CFO is trying to reduce it’s environmental footprint by
strongly encouraging all registrants to bring their own re-usable drink
containers to the welcome picnic, and for use with sack/boxed meals and all
field trips. Thanks in advance for participating in this project.

David Gillilan

To view this discussion on the web visit<efa40876-9f9a-4f67-a91e-ee891365f602...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!