Date: 3/2/18 11:50 am
From: William Freedberg <4mrfish...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Inland Dovekie (now dead), Norwell, and Iceland Gull, Belmont

A friend in Norwell called me up about an apparent Dovekie she found stranded in a parking lot (outside the Doorknock Diner). The bird was moribund and died en route to a rehab facility. I have encouraged her to get the specimen to the MCZ and report her find on eBird.

There is also a young Iceland Gull mixed in with a couple hundred other gulls on the football field immediately west of Claypit Pond in Belmont. As of 1:30, no scope was necessary to view the bird. Certainly a new town bird for me.

Looking forward to hearing if this storm turned up anything else cool!

Good birding,

Will Freedberg
Belmont MA

Join us on Facebook!