Date: 3/1/18 6:29 am
From: Mary Nemecek <0000000585d83684-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Winter Seasonal Report Due March 15
The end of February brought the close of the avian Winter season (December 1 - February 28). Please take some time to sort through your sightings for this period and send me your Winter Seasonal Report before March 15. Contact information is listed at the end of this e-mail.

Your seasonal report should only include significant sightings during the period. Examples of "significant sightings" include:

* any species listed as "rare", "casual", or "accidental" on the Annotated Checklist of Missouri Birds:;

*unusually early or late dates (check Josh Uffman’s excellent resource:

* high counts or unusually low counts (also include a note if a species usually present in your area during this period appeared to be completely absent or unusually abundant).

Information about weather events in your area would be very helpful.

PREFERRED FORMAT -- An Excel document with the following data:
1) Species
2) Number observed
3) Age/Sex (if known)
4) County
5) Location (i.e. park, residence, city, etc.)
6) Date
7) Additional Notes (such as notes about how you arrived at a particularly difficult identification, and whether you submitted documentation for casual or accidental species)
8) Observer

If you would like a sample Excel document to get started, just email me.

PHOTOS -- Submission of photos showing your significant sightings through the season is encouraged. High-resolution images can be e-mailed in JPEG format.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published in the American Birding Association's "journal of record for birders," North American Birds; and a summary of sightings is also published in the ASM's quarterly publication, The Bluebird.

PLEASE REMEMBER -- Your sightings must be submitted directly to me in order to be considered for inclusion in the final seasonal report. Sightings posted only to MOBIRDS-L will not be included in the report.

Please send your sightings to me at one of the addresses below before Sunday, March 15. I will reply to each e-mail to confirm receipt.

email: <msnemecek...>

Mailing address: 7807 N Merrimac Ct, KCMO, 64151

Thank you,
Mary Nemecek

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
Join us on Facebook!