Date: 2/28/18 2:02 pm
From: Denise Donmoyer <nightowl57...>
Subject: Re: Middle Creek -- Frog Question -- Snow Geese, Tundra Swans -- Lancaster County
Wood Frogs are the earliest of the frogs to come out. We get them here at Sweet Arrow Lake even earlier than the Spring Peepers which I haven't heard yet. The first time I ever heard Wood Frogs, I thought I was hearing a bunch of Mallard Ducks making that more rapid clacking/quacking sound that they make when a bunch of them are together but when I turned the corner to where I was hearing the sound...No ducks. That's when I figured out we had Wood Frogs. I think they winter under logs and such in wetlands and come out right after snow melt.

Denise Donmoyer
Sweet Arrow Lake
Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.