Date: 2/25/18 4:35 pm
From: Herbert Larner via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sandhill Crane's Augusta County
Hello all

It looks like a lot of good birds got reported today thru out Virginia , but here in our neck of the woods of the Shenandoah Valley ( Augusta County ) I got a phone call while at work that there were 12 Sandhill Crane's in the Swoope area at Smith's pond . They were first reported to Penny Warren by Bobby Whitescarver & Penny in turn called me . Penny went out & saw 11 of the 12 birds & shortly after seeing them , they took flight . I will be going out first thing in the morning to see if they hung around . This makes a winter peak count & our second winter record for this species .

Allen Larner