Date: 2/24/18 9:28 pm
From: SUE RICCIARDI <susiericc...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fort Smallwood Park Spring 2018 Hawkwatch
This Thursday, March 1, the spring 2018 hawkwatch season at Fort
Smallwood Park will officially begin. We're looking forward to
documenting around 10,000 raptors passing by the hawkwatch on the way
north to their breeding grounds. Consider this an invitation to come
by and participate in this migration spectacle! Also, we could really
use more observers to help with the counting. Don't worry if you're
not very experienced at identifying hawk species; our crew will be
happy to share their expertise. More information and directions are
available on the MOS website ( Hope you will join us!

Sue Ricciardi, compiler

Arnold, MD

Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group
on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
here -
Join us on Facebook!