Date: 2/22/18 8:22 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] (no subject)
Vortex Binocular lens cover found at Braddock Bay North Marina. Text me at
the number below

Lynn Bergmeyer, Greece NY 585-576-0422

On Feb 21, 2018 10:39 PM, "Bird observations from western New York" <
<geneseebirds-l...> wrote:

Hi all,

Ducks, ducks, ducks at Kumpf Marsh this noon, as seen widely. Many Northern
Pintail, American Wigeon and a smattering of Mallards and Gadwall. Also,
two male Green-winged Teal at Kumpf.

I heard there were ten Tundra Swans at Cayuga early today, but they had
left when I arrived. The resident eagles were present, setting up shop
right in the nest. Still pretty well iced over there. Right across the
street from Cayuga, 6 Hooded Mergansers were in the 2010 Black-bellied
Whistling Duck spot.

Ringneck Marsh may host the refuge’s third Bald Eagle Nest site this
spring! A pair of adults were there yesterday and previously as well. I saw
a sizable flock of 51 Cedar Waxwings (no Bohemians) at Mallard Overlook
while watching the eagle activity.

At home, Orleans County, our resident Screech Owl has started increasing
its hooting in the late afternoons. Yeah, spring!

Celeste Morien