Date: 2/22/18 7:41 am
From: Marlene A Condon via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] western Albemarle-LOTS of geese heading north; Killdeer in darkness; Fox Sps; towhee!

This morning has been a BIG day for migrating Canada Geese!  I've had 3 skeins go over between about 8:20 AM and now.
Yesterday I heard a Killdeer call in the darkness as I was walking to a "woodcock" field  (hasn't been one there yet this year). Did hear a woodcock this morning in a different nearby field.
When I returned home this morning, I had 2 Fox Sparrows in the driveway and a male towhee calling around the yard!
Spring has sprung.