Date: 2/22/18 5:49 am
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Mallards in love
On Tuesday morning I saw a pair of Mallards circling close to each other and bobbing their heads. After a few more head bobs the female stretched flat on the water and her mate accepted the invitation. About two seconds later they separated and splashed water all over themselves before swimming off. It was surprisingly tender.
Pat ValdataCrisfield, MD

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -

Join us on Facebook!