Date: 2/15/18 2:26 pm
From: Sandra Goodwin <000000e529effc61-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: NJ Gyr yes!
Can someone please give directions for someone driving down from
Luzerne County?

I've heard of Martins Creek and could probably find that, but
locations cited in subsequent messages list local terms. Is it still
in the general area where first reported, or has it moved around?

Thanks so much.

Sandy Goodwin
Wyoming Co.

On Feb 15, 2018, at 3:29 PM, Dave Leibert wrote:

> Howdy All,
> Persistence has paid off wrt to the Oberly road gyrfalcon.
> Earlier today I noticed the snow geese across in the field across
> Oberly from the grasslands started to scatter. A large falcon had
> dingled out one of them and was chasing it pretty close to the ground.
> They flew across Oberly towards the farm. I drove down snyder road
> towards the rver and noticed a snow goose on the ground on the big
> hill. The gyr was sitting on top of a telephone pole on Snyder and
> my car was parked pretty close. Great view of this bird, which was
> dark brown in color.
> One of the quarry trucks went by and the bird flew off. Back up by
> the Oberly and Snyder intersection other birders pointed out that
> the gyr was now sitting on the roof of the farmers house. We watched
> it for a few minutes and it flew off.
> I also had a kestrel there and a merlin on the Alpha water tower.
> Now I am heading towards Bethlehem to see if I can get a look at one
> of the Bethlehem peregrines to make it a 4 falcon species day!
> Happy Birding,
> Dave
Join us on Facebook!