Date: 2/12/18 12:58 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Photos of a once great shorebird and duck area in Portland
The story I heard this spring was that in the 60s the city of Portland
wanted to use Oaks Bottoms as a dump for construction site earth,
ultimately turning the place into a moto-cross park. A doctor who lived in
one of the houses overlooking the current lake fought until the plans were
laid to rest.