Date: 2/12/18 11:52 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET White Fronted Goose & White Winged Scoters At Diversey Harbor Entrance
Hello Bird People,

I too saw the White Fronted Goose & the 2 White Winged Scoters east of
the entrance to Diversey Harbor at 10 a.m. but Amanda T beat me to it
as far as reporting goes. I was able to view all the ducks & such with
Michael F who was there before I was.

Other water birds were Redhead (4-M & 2-F), Goldeneye (3-F), R.B.
Merganser (1-F), many Canada Geese & Mallards, 2 Graylag Geese, the
all white Domestic duck & 1 R.B. Gull. The Scoters liked to stay by
themselves in the covered areas under the bridge but all the other
ducks & geese were in the open area.

A brief look at North Pond got me lots of Canada Geese, Mallards & 2
BLACK DUCKS on the ice by the open water. Only the normal land birds
were by the feeders & nearby.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the White Fronted Goose & Runner-Up to the Scoters.
Thanks to Joe L who reported this originally on IBET.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional