Date: 2/11/18 5:39 am
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: trogon=strikeout, golden crowned sparrow=homerun
Thanks for coming John! The Golden-Crowned Sparrow was most cooperative yesterday and all but two people got it!
Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary is private property that we share with others, so we own it, but hope to protect it for the future generations. This property is too precious for wildlife to be developed and is an important stopover habitat for migrating birds. We have lots of rarities that live or come here, along with rare plants and butterflies. We have had 293 species of birds and 40 species of warblers. Having our property open to the public actually cost us 14-18K/yr over the donations received, so it is a gift of love! Btw, Don is 74 today—it’s his birthday & while he still works, our covering huge shortfalls will have to end before long. We are most thankful for donations and are part of PayPal Charity program.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

> On Feb 10, 2018, at 10:05 AM, john muldrow (Redacted sender "qmuldj" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply-outsider...> wrote:
>
> on wed., 3 of us went after the trogon. no such luck, but it's a great park and i hope to go back some time. hear it has 76 species of trees. later, we went to warbler woods. great looks at the golden crowned. good pics, too. very neat place. very nice owners/caretakers. great birding spots and 2 fabulous dogs, especially the golden. very much hope to go back sometime.
>
> hope to try for the trogon again, too.
>
> john muldrow
>
> waco

> from the List Owner