Date: 2/10/18 6:39 am
From: Craig Gibson <cbgibson...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] 2018 Bald Eagle Video/Exhibit
Greetings all,

With many thanks to Hunt's Photo and Video as well as the Mystic River Watershed Association, we have a short extension of time to submit Bald Eagle photos for the upcoming exhibit!

Please me your two best Bald Eagle photos by Friday, Feb. 16th.

Here's a quick recap:

The Hunt’s Photo staff will be setting up a gallery reception along with an online auction.

The proceeds from this auction will be going to the Mystic River Watershed, and Hunt’s will be working closely with staff at Mystic River Watershed Association in an effort to promote this event.

A small panel of judges will be picking 20 entries out of the Bald Eagle images that local photographers have submitted for consideration.

The photographers will sign a copyright release for each image so that we may put it up for auction. A copy of the release form will be sent to participating photographers in next few days.

Hunt’s will be printing and framing each Bald Eagle photo, then showcasing them in their Canon Gallery. Some photographers may have more than one photo in the Bald Eagle exhibit.

Hunt’s will be having a gallery reception on Sunday, March 25th from 3pm-5pm. Members of the Menotomy Bird Club along with all participants are encouraged to attend with their family and friends. This event is free and open to the public.

Hunts will be choosing three winners, based on clarity and composition and awarding them Hunts gift cards ($200, $100, $50) at the reception.

Both Marj Rines and Paul Roberts have graciously agreed to join us at the opening reception on Sunday, March 25th and both will share remarks on the history of the Bald Eagles in and around the Mystic Lakes as well as elsewhere in the extended watershed.

From March 1st - 31st Hunt's will be hosting the online auction. This auction will feature the 20 framed images in their gallery. The auction site we will be using is biddingforgood.com.

The URL for the auction is https://www.biddingforgood.com/Huntsphoto/baldeagle.

Hunt's will be placing the event on their Facebook and Instagram sites.

Hunt's will be featuring it on their website and in an email blast to all their customers.

They are in the process of finalizing the graphics.

Hunt’s will work closely together with MyRWA to make this event a success!

Please send me 2-3 of your favorite Bald Eagle images from the Mystic Lakes, and/or the surrounding areas within the Mystic River Watershed, by email no later that Friday, Feb. 16th.

By all means, let me know if you have any questions, by return email or on my cell phone!

Best,

Craig Gibson

Cell: 781.799.6510

> On January 16, 2018 at 11:38 PM Craig Gibson <cbgibson...> wrote:
>

> Greetings all,
>

> For those of you who have responded so far....many thanks!
>

> Hoping to hear from many more with an interest in the local Bald Eagles.
>

> All photos are welcome and all narrative comments as well.
>

> We are looking to gather all photos and comments by Friday, Feb 2nd!
>

> Any questions, feel free to be in contact by email or phone!
>

> best and thanks,
>

> Craig Gibson
>
> Cell: 781.799.6510
>

> Arlbirders,
>

> Greetings one and all! The Bald Eagles around the Mystic Lakes these past many winters have been an amazing and majestic sight to behold for birders, photographers, and so many others. Each year, more Bald Eagles are being seen in the warmer months as well. All of us have been blessed to have so many opportunities to observe and enjoy these magnificent birds of prey.
>

> In light of the year round sightings, the fascination among so many, our love of these birds as bird watchers and photographers, the opportunity for research, the opportunity to share the exciting news with others, and the expanding ability to educate family and friends………all these things have provided the inspiration to develop a new online video about Bald Eagles in and around the extended Mystic River Watershed, as well as a Bald Eagle photo exhibit at Hunt’s in Melrose, MA.
>

> The video will include photos and short narrative clips to provide a fascinating overview of our local Bald Eagles. The purpose is to showcase comments and photos from members and friends of the Menotomy Bird Club. Looking to have as many of you participate in this project as possible!! Hoping to create something special that we all do together, to celebrate the beauty and grace of these Bald Eagles in our backyard, and to promote the critical mission of the Mystic River Watershed Association. Their mission is to protect and restore the Mystic River and surrounding habitats.
>

> Once completed, in about 4 weeks, the video will be posted online for all to see and all to share. Each short quote/comment will include your name and each photo will include your name/location for the photo credit.
>

> For those with an interest, requesting a short phrase that describes the Bald Eagles from your perspective. The short sentence or phrase may take up to 40 spaces including blanks. The area for your name and hometown may take up to 50 spaces, again including blank spaces. For photographers, send your 2 best photos with specific location noted from around the Mystic River Watershed. More information on the watershed is available on the MRWA website.

> [...]

Join us on Facebook!