Date: 2/9/18 12:33 pm
From: B.G. Sloan <bgsloan3...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Hawk Attacks Bull Dog?
Sounds like nobody positively identified the bird involved in the
alleged "snatching".

Article starts out: "The owner of a French bulldog says he was shocked
when a bird, believed to be a red-tailed hawk, snatched up his dog
right from his driveway". I doubt a Red-tail could "snatch up" a 25
pound dog from a driveway...since a larger Red-tail weighs maybe 3
pounds...

Then a vet is quoted as saying "the colder weather is keeping hawks’
normal food source, such as squirrels and mice, underground".
Squirrels? Underground? There are squirrels all over the place around
here... :-)

List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi

Join us on Facebook!