Date: 2/9/18 12:21 pm
From: <pcollins...> <pcollins...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Tubac Hawk Watch Season 6 March 1 through March 31
Time to start cleaning those folding chairs and big camera lenses. The Sixth Annual Tubac Hawk Watch will be held again this
year at Ron Morriss County Park in Tubac every day in March.

For those who haven’t been, my usual recommendation is to get to Tubac by 8:15, pick up coffee at the deli and head down to
Ron Morriss by 8:30 to park and setup your chairs. Once the migration is well underway, usually by about the 10th of March, the bulk of the hawks
fly by between 9:00 and noon. Of course the raptors frequently ignore my recommendations so anytime can yield a Black Hawk. On good flight
days mid to late afternoon can offer a Black Hawk or two soaring up and down the river looking for a Cottonwood to spend the night in.

Gray Hawks usually show up mid month. Zone-tailed Hawks pickup in the second half of March. Swainson’s Hawks just get started by the
end of March.

( For those who have emailed me from hotmail, aol and some other email addresses this past year, seems my replies go into a black hole, so try again and I’ll use another email system to try to get through to you. )

See you at the Watch,
Peter Collins
Vail, AZ