Date: 2/9/18 9:12 am
From: David Lapuma <david.lapuma...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Best tripods/heads for Vortex Razor HD 20-6020-60x85?
Shea,

I can highly recommend the Swarovski Carbon tripod (CT101 legs + DH101 head) - we have one lightly used during our fall season for $658 (usually $919). I brought it to Cuba with me last month and it was fantastic; light, sturdy, and very functional. We have a number of other options as well here at our center, either Northwood (Cape May Point) or Sherman Hoffman (Bernardsville), ranging from $100 - $1,000 and you can always try before you buy. Another option is our Annual Optics Sale, April 14 & 15th at our Center for Research and Education (address below in my signature). More info on the Optics Sale is here:
http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionCapeMayBirdObservatory/SpecialEvents/AnnualOpticsSale.aspx

Feel free to give us a call at our Northwood Center with any questions. All profits from our NJ Audubon centers and online store (featheredgeoptics.org) are reinvested to support our non-profit mission of connecting people to nature, and stewarding the nature of today for the people of tomorrow.

Cheers,

David
________________________
David A. La Puma, PhD
Director, Cape May Bird Observatory
New Jersey Audubon
600 Route 47 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
P (CRE): 609.400.3833 (internal use: ext 922)
P (Northwood): 609.400.3834 (internal use: ext 714)
c: 732.447.4894
f: 609.861.1651

w: http://birdcapemay.org <http://birdcapemay.org/>
w: http://www.njaudubon.org <http://www.njaudubon.org/>
Making New Jersey a Better Place for People and Wildlife Since 1897

“Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn’t be done.” - Amelia Earhart

On 2/9/18, 11:54 AM, "JerseyBirds on behalf of Shea Tiller" <JERSEYBI...> on behalf of <sheagordontiller...> wrote:

Hello, all.

I am looking for a good, reasonably light tripod and head for the Vortex
Razor scope I am about to buy. No more expensive than $650, preferably
less. Any recommendations from those with more experience than me are
greatly appreciated.

Great birding,

Shea

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>