Date: 2/8/18 4:58 pm
From: Rabbi Ilene Schneider <marltonbirder...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Brig closures
I posted this earlier in Facebook:

I went to Brig today. (Forsythe NWR). I should have known something was
going on when the entry fee was waived for the day. My next hint was when
cars on the one-way Wildlife Dr. were coming towards me. Turns out, about
3/4 of the drive is closed for storm damage repairs. (I thought the
regrading and new surface materials were supposed to prevent such damage.)
I might not have minded as much – because I wouldn't have gone today – if I
hadn't checked both the website and the Facebook page for the Refuge
earlier and seen nothing listed about the closure. There is a notice, it
turns out, on the Facebook page, but it is so far down the page that I
didn't scroll enough. It would have been nice of them to have pinned the
announcement to the top of the page so it would've been the first thing
seen. And speaking of seeing, the only species of note was the
first-of-season Red-winged Blackbirds. No sightings of the elusive
extralimital visitor from the far north, at least not by me.

Ilene
Marlton
--

Rabbi Ilene Schneider, Ed.D.

CHANUKAH GUILT
UNLEAVENED DEAD
YOM KILLER
TALKING DIRTY - IN YIDDISH?
RECIPES BY THE BOOK: OAK TREE AUTHORS COOK (ed.)

Email: <rabbi.author...>
Website/Blog: rabbiauthor.com
whyninecandles.com
Facebook: facebook.com/rabbi.author