Date: 2/7/18 2:17 pm
From: JimC <jimcancil...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Tripod...
On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 11:56:39 AM UTC-5, JimC wrote:
> I missed the bid on a 65mm Alpha scope for my wife yesterday... (She is happy with her Monarch binocs but came back from a gathering in Titusville, FL last week excited at the prospect of using a scope - after seeing so many down there.) Working with my hands, I much enjoy quality tools over cufflinked shirts. I'll keep on the hunt for used 65mm scope, but thought I'd ask about a tripod.
>
> As she is 98lbs and no youngster, weight is a concern. We have a fairly heavy tripod for a DSLR and a monopod — neither suitable. Perhaps you have light one you prefer. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Jim/Salisbury

Thanks for the repies everybody

...especially Marcia. That's a BIG lens you carry. You mention 'shoulder carry'. I have made a variety of esoteric items over the years and can't wait to 'make something' for the kit. Cape May sounds wonderful, but that's a busy time of year for me; I'll have to have something shipped in.

Again, thanks. Jim