Date: 2/7/18 1:16 pm
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Tripod...
When we we were in Madagascar in 2015, our guide Ken Behrens highly recommended that scope. However, when I recently contacted him to confirm the model (since we are also looking for a smaller travel scope) he wrote back. - this less than a month ago:

“I was really impressed with the 65mm Vortex scope. Unfortunately, Vortex over-thought things, and replaced that with a new model, which is vastly inferior. The old model is tough to find, except maybe second-hand. “

Not sure exactly what he means by “overthinking” but worth keeping in mind, I respect Ken’s opinion 100%

Gail Mackiernan
Silver Spring, MD

Sent from my iPad