Date: 2/7/18 12:32 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Tripod...
On 2/7/18, JimC <jimcancil...> wrote:
> As she is 98lbs and no youngster, weight is a concern. We have a fairly
> heavy tripod for a DSLR and a monopod — neither suitable. Perhaps you have
> light one you prefer. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
*************************************
I've excerpted a portion of a 2015 MD Birding "scopes discussion" from
"Pat" that makes mention of a nifty sounding tripod:

Hi guys,

You responded to my request for information about spotting scopes. On
Christmas Day I opened my present to find the scope I had hoped for
(considering the

budget): a Vortex Razor HD 65 mm zoom. It came with a Manfrotto carbon
fiber tripod and their lightweight fluid head. The whole setup weighs
about 7 pounds

and is lighter than my former tripod alone.

The first bird I scoped with it was my life Vermilion Flycatcher. I am
very happy!

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, and happy new year birding!
Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter