Date: 2/6/18 1:40 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Oregon's Best Hummingbird Sites
Azalea Park in Brookings used to be very reliable in early spring for displaying Allen’s and local breeding Anna’s plus migrant Rufous.

I don’t think the monster feeders in the town of Dale in Grant Co. are active anymore.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>

Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 1:35 PM, John Shewey <shewey...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I’m trying to assemble a list of the best hummingbird viewing sites all around Oregon and by this I mean locations where people are guaranteed to see hummers, and which are publicly accessible. Some examples would include public properties such as Finley NWR headquarters and Malheur NWR headquarters (assuming someone is maintaining the feeders in-season after Tim Blount left); examples of private but accessible locations would be the Portland Audubon Center and the café at Marion Forks. Ideally I’d like my list to include only locations that reliably tend to their feeding stations, be they feeders or flowers, year in and year out (Sisters Ranger Station, for example, does not reliably do so). Any help would be appreciated either by post here or by email at <shewey...> <mailto:<shewey...>. Thanks!—John Shewey

Join us on Facebook!