Date: 2/6/18 12:49 pm
From: Laura Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: OT: SGL 300 will remain free of wind turbines Lackawanna Co. PA
*A special thanks to all who signed the petition from this listserv. It
shows that birders can make a difference.*

*Victory! NextEra withdraws its application to build a wind turbine project
on SGL #300 in Lackawanna Co.*

*Juniata Valley Audubon Society (JVAS)*

FEB 6, 2018 — Thank you so very much for signing our petition to have
NextEra withdraw its application to build a wind turbine project on SGL
#300. I presented over 1,700 petition signatures to the Pa. State Game
Commission on Monday, January 29, 2018. I gave my testimony regarding our
petition and thanked Comm. Knick, Jr. for accepting the petition. PGC Exec.
Director Burhans verified that SGL will remain free of wind turbines, as
NextEra withdrew their application. He also explained that the Board is
working on the policy to prohibit wind turbines on all state game lands.
Their next working meeting will be in late March.

Sincerely,

Laura Jackson, president JVAS

Everett, Bedford Co.

Join us on Facebook!