Date: 2/6/18 10:19 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Migratory Bird Act??
*

The removal of incidental takings is a DONE DEAL. Remember Pepper Trail's keynote address at WVBS? The 516,000 oil ponds/pits across the country that kill 1/2-1million birds a year are now no longer a legal liability to their owners because they didn't kill those Pyrhuloxias on purpose. The bigger issue is wind turbines. I mean I think that was the real goal of eliminating incidental take as a violation. And given the timing it's safe to say the whole nasty business was initiated under Obama and got plenty of traction there. Go green energy! Those of you subscribed to BOO can take it there. I'm going to go roll naked in the nettles in hopes of regaining a modicum of joie de vivre. lpn
On Feb 6, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Alan Contreras wrote:

> What I have heard of is a likely change in the meaning of incidental takings, that is, birds that get killed by various commercial activities. There may be more information on BOO, of which Iím not a member.
>

> Alan Contreras
> <acontrer56...>
>
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

>> On Feb 6, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos...> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any information on the removal of restrictions included in the International Migratory Bird Act? I heard a brief report on NPR yesterday which mentioned that.
>>
>> Kevin Smith

Join us on Facebook!