Date: 2/5/18 10:20 pm
From: David Brostoff <davbro...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [EBB_Sightings] Bird alarm cry identification
On Feb 5, 2018, at 9:02 PM, Rusty Scalf <rscalf...> wrote:

> Barn Owl

Thank you for the identification -- it certainly sounds like the "territorial scream or advertising call" here:
<https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Barn_Owl/sounds>

There have been Great Horned Owls around here from time to time -- in fact, it was one of those many years ago that got me interested in birding -- but never a Barn Owl until now. (At least I have never seen one here myself and haven't read about sightings by others on this list.)

David

To contact the list Administrator go to: <EBB_Sightings-owner...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)