Date: 2/5/18 12:39 pm
From: Mary Jo Ballator <mjballator...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Ash Canyon B&B, Feb 5, 2018
A pair of Montezuma Quail fed in the brush pile today from 11:00 a.m. to 11:22.
FOS male Broad-billed Hummingbird seen. A male Arizona Woodpecker seen regularly for the last 2-3 weeks persists; he seems comfortable in the yard and not intimidated (as before) by Ladder-backed Woodpeckers, so I’m hopeful he will find a mate soon and set up housekeeping. Arizona Woodpeckers were always here before the fire of June 2011, but until now, they have not been continuously seen. I’m delighted.

Mary Jo

Mary Jo Ballator
Ash Canyon B&B
5255 E. Spring Road
Hereford, AZ 85615
<mjballator...>
520-378-0773

Hours: Dawn to dusk daily except Wednesday noon to dusk