Date: 2/5/18 5:36 am
From: Lovelace, Glen (DelDOT) <Glen.Lovelace...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Saturday 2/3 in Somerset

From: <mdbirding...> [mailto:<mdbirding...>] On Behalf Of Patricia Valdata
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2018 3:12 PM
To: Maryland Birding
Subject: [MDBirding] No Somerset Snowy Owls

My husband and I checked out Deal Island WMA this morning to see if we could relocate the two Snowy Owls reported on the 1st. We drove down Drawbridge Road and "Green Dumpster" Road but had no luck. The rain began while we were there, so I didn't get out to scope either area, but the only white birds visible with binoculars were Tundra Swans and gulls.
We drove all the way across Deal Island to Wenona. If the owls are still around, there's so much marshland they could be in that it's a needle-in-a-haystack effort.

Pat Valdata
Crisfield, Somerset County