Date: 2/4/18 4:28 am
From: <kvanfleet...> <kvanfleet...>
Subject: Re: Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch info
Seeing images of this wonderful bird is enough for me. No need to intrude on anyone's privacy, drive a long distance, burning gallons of gasoline and adding unneeded CO2 emissions to the atmosphere just to see and add a rare bird to a list. Thank you for posting and sharing the photos.

Kim Van Fleet
Carlisle PA

Quoting Geoff Malosh <pomarine...>:

> All,
>

> Thanks very much to Shawn Collins for verifying this bird and working to get
> people access to see it. It represents the first record for Pennsylvania and
> one of only a small handful of records for the eastern United States outside
> of the upper Great Lakes!
>

> As Shawn mentioned yesterday, access to the site is limited and the exact
> location will not be made public. Anyone wishing to see the bird *must* make
> arrangements with Shawn.
>

> We created an eBird hotspot to be used with sightings of this bird should it
> stick around. For the time being, it is not plotted accurately. Any eBirders
> who travel to see this bird, please do not create a private location at the
> exact site of the bird. Use this hotspot instead, which can be viewed here:
> https://ebird.org/hotspot/L6817870 and is also linked in the checklist I
> just submitted for it here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42475889
> (includes a few photos from today for those interested).
>

> Good luck!
>
> Geoff
>

> Geoff Malosh
>
> Allegheny County