Date: 2/3/18 12:39 pm
From: Clayton Koonce <cg.koonce...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Swan P95 in Columbia is at the Broken Land Pond now. (Rusty blackbird update)

Although that location was given in error for a previous report of this trumpeter swan when she was at Lake Elkhorn, I can confirm that she is on the Broken Land Parkway-U.S. 29 Stormwater Pond this afternoon. Just spotted her there at 2:25pm while driving by; returned with camera. Photos are in eBird report linked below. (Not happy with parking on the shoulder of 29 -- I went up to the Stevens Forest Road dead end, which is not ideal for viewing the pond but feasible.)

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42462500

Re the rusty blackbird flock around Symphony Woods nearby: The rusties continue, and people are finding them in the park or around the periphery. I reported them yesterday and saw them out there this afternoon, too.

Clayton Koonce
Columbia, Md.
member, Howard County Bird Club