Date: 2/3/18 8:39 am
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lincoln Co. Ruff continues
The glaucous gull was present at the gull puddles just before your arrival but a car drove through the gull was was flushing all of them. I lost track of the glaucous gull as it was flying over the north jetty.

Roy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 11:38 PM, Oscar Harper <oeharper3...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Hendrik, Jacob Mathison and I birded the central Lincoln Coast today. We spent quite a bit of time at Ona Beach (joined by John Sullivan, Joshua Little and Chuck Philo), trying without success to relocate the Black-and-white Warbler. The place was stuffed with Fox Sparrows and we did encounter a nice mixed chickadee flock, but no warbler. :(
>
> However, the RUFF was still hanging out with Greater Yellowlegs, Dunlin and Long-billed Dowitchers in the previously posted location on N Beaver Creek Rd. (about milepost 2.3).
>
> Drizzly conditions later in the day somewhat hampered our birding efforts, and we failed to find the Glaucous Gull in the (somewhat reduced) gull wad at the South Jetty gull puddle (or anywhere else). No sign of Long-tailed Ducks at the Fishing Pier, but we found a nice female BARROW'S GOLDENEYE there.
>
> Still a fun day on the coast. As Wayne mentioned earlier, a herring spawn seems to be imminent in Yaquina Bay, so it may be worthwhile to keep an eye out for some action there soon.
>
> Jacob and Hendrik can add anything I forgot.
>
> Good birding
>
> Oscar

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>