Date: 2/1/18 4:38 pm
From: Terry Butler <twbutler1941...>
Subject: Re: Tracking trumpeter swan in AR leads back to Iowa research group
I would like to add. I give Verlon Abram a special thanks for what he does
for the swans and allowing all of us as guest to see them. He has told me
he spends around 6 to 8 hundred dollars each month for corn. But the hard
part is,he buckets and feeds around 12 five gallon buckets of corn each
day. On the bitter cold days this doubles. He picks up trash dumps that
people have left near his ponds but he continues to welcome us all to see
them. He told me, it warms his heart to see the children see the swans.
Believe me, he wants all to come see the swans. He has said to me, all are
welcome, just respect the swans and the land.

Good story Karen

T. Butler

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Bill Thurman <bill.masterofmusic...>
wrote:

> Very good story, Karen, Jim, Terry, et al.
> Congratulations!
>
> Bill Thurman
>
> On Feb 1, 2018 11:34 AM, "Suzie Liles" <suzie.liles...> wrote:
>
>> Thanks. A very nice article. Good to know about the specialized swan
>> collars. And reading the article I felt a surge of thanks to all the
>> birders and photographers who are out noticing and keeping us all aware of
>> what is seen in the state.
>>
>> Suzie Liles
>> Marion County
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2018, at 6:18 AM, Karen And Jim Rowe <
>> <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>>

>> *Tracking trumpeter swan leads back to Iowa research group *
>>

>> https://www.agfc.com/en/news/2018/01/31/tracking-trumpeter-s
>> wan-leads-back-to-iowa-research-group/
>>

>> Karen Rowe, Certified Wildlife Biologist®
>> Bird Conservation Program Leader
>> Wildlife Management Division
>> Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
>> cell: 870-672-2279 <(870)%20672-2279>
>> Email: <Karen.Rowe...>
>> NEW! Snail mail: PO Box 529 Casscoe, AR 72026

Join us on Facebook!