Date: 1/31/18 6:22 pm
From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Snowy Owl returns...sitting on top of Conns
I recall an area in the Jornada del Muerto where there remained old poles
and relics dating back to the WWII era that were by far were the highest
perches within 15-20 miles other than other old similar abandoned pole
corridors. What was odd was that even though these poles were evenly
spaced, all alike, at least the ones remaining, only a very select few had
the decades of dissolved pellets mounded below around the base in that arid
situ. I never understood why as there seemed nothing notable about those
3-4 poles or their locations.. I am sure everything from ravens, owls,
eagles, buteos to falcons contributed to the individual mats. One of those
strange things that probably can't be explained without monitoring those
sites over said decades...Just thinking maybe your owl may have a select
location for its imperative relief :-)

--

Brush Freeman
<http://www.biospatialsevices.com>