Date: 1/27/18 4:14 pm
From: zellene via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Whooping cranes
After reading the information on the link, I have to say this sounds like a try at justification for ending a successful program. Farming out the birds to other facilities without the expertise of those who have been doing this for years is bound to have negative impacts. It is also my understanding that Operation Migration, the program which used ultralights to teach first year birds the route they must travel, was ended some time ago. I believe this is just one more deeply misguided effect of putting dollars and bureaucracy over conservation. I guess we will find out in the future when crane populations reflect the 'wisdom' of this plan.

Zellene