Date: 1/27/18 1:50 pm
From: colleen snow <c.snow357...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Sandhill Cranes, Red-headed Woodpecker - Somerset County
Hi All

Saw 3 Sandhill Cranes behind the ranch house on the Manville Causeway at
around 4pm. I did not get out to look further but I noticed someone
walking along the back of the field. Hopefully they saw some cranes there.

Colleen Snow
Middlesex, NJ

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:28 PM, jimmy lee LAST_NAME <leewah...>
wrote:

> JBers,
>

> The nature trail at Colonial Park held 1 adult Red-headed Woodpecker ('50
> yards' off the trail in its 'regular spot'), Eastern Bluebird, Red-tailed
> Hawk about 2:45.
>

> In the far back of the cornfield at nearby Manville Causeway were about 12
> Sandhill Cranes all were the field drops down (so not always visible, 3:40)
> seen from causeway shoulder. While driving to the causeway, we saw 3 cranes
> flying over Schoolhouse Rd and Weston Canal Rd headed in the general
> direction of the causeway field. But we did not see the cranes land.
>

> Note: because of the rear of the field dropping down, if the cranes are
> back there they could be missed without patient scanning.
>

> Good birding.
>
> Jimmy Lee
>
> South Brunswick, NJ
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/