Date: 1/27/18 10:09 am
From: Jamie Meyers via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Manchester
The Iceland Gull reported earlier was hanging out at the north end of Union Pond, pretty near the observation platform at Northwest Park. While watching it we were surprised to see three Greater White-fronted Geese in the large flock. We saw the two in Farmington earlier. I have never seen five of this species in CT on the sand day before.

Other HAS January notables - at least one Yellow-rump continues at the end of Strong Road in South Windsor. I had a Peregrine on a transmission tower just east of the Charter Oak Bridge. Bill found some Monk Parakeets at Willowbrook Park in New Britain.

We have not seen the snipe Paul D reported yesterday but the teals remain.

Jamie Meyers, Canton
Bill Asteraides, Glastonbury

Sent from my iPhone