Date: 1/26/18 2:51 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: THREE LOON SPECIES AT TENKILLER TODAY
Loons at Tenkiller Ferry Lake (in northeastern OK, about 70 miles from Fayetteville) today included Common (137), Red-throated (4), and Pacific (2-3). We picked up Red-throated Loons at Six Shooter, Blackgum, and Chicken Creek boat launch. The Pacific Loons were at Blackgum and Snake Creek. Looniest stop was Blackgum where we had highest number of Common Loons (50) plus the two other loon species. Loons seem most concentrated in the upper part of the lake, from the dam site to Blackgum. With Flip Putthoff and Pooja Panwar. Winds were relatively high today (to 16 mph), which probably held down the numbers at least somewhat.

Join us on Facebook!