Date: 1/25/18 10:08 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2018-01-25
Tweets – the weather wasn’t too bad, without a drop for the first couple of hours and nothing worse than drizzle the rest of the morning. Not too cold either, though sometimes a bit dark with the overcast.

Highlights:
a.. Cackling Goose – nice flock of 1000+ on grass soccer fields
b.. Trumpeter Swan – two flew east over slough near lake, calling. First of 2018
c.. American Wigeon – heard pre-dawn from Dog Meadow area
d.. Northern Pintail – flyover flock, 5 birds with 2 other ducks – First of 2018
e.. Green-winged Teal – heard pre-dawn from east of East Meadow, 6+ at Rowing Club
f.. Western Grebe – two well out on lake
g.. Great Blue Heron – at least 18 on/near nests in heronry
h.. Green Heron – one at Rowing Club
i.. Northern Harrier – one flew north over Dog Meadow
j.. Sharp-shinned Hawk – one near slough below weir – tiny
k.. BARN OWL – stood on Viewing Mound and watched it flying from ~7:00 til we left at 7:50. Later, saw roosting in willows east of East Meadow. One more seen
l.. DOWNY WOODPECKER – two near Dog Central – FIRST for 2018 finally!
m.. Hairy Woodpecker – Near Downy
n.. Pileated Woodpecker – across the slough from Big Cottonwood Forest
o.. Merlin – nice looks, perched and flying, mansion area around 8:00 a.m.
p.. Cedar Waxwing – again, 30+ birds near Dog Central
Misses included Hooded Merganser, Cooper’s Hawk, Steller’s Jay, Bushtit, and Pacific Wren, but we added 3 species to the 2018 list.

For the day, 56 species. For 2018, we’re up to 70 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>