Date: 1/24/18 5:36 pm
From: Paul Stensvaag <red.tail1960...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Goshawk Today
Several have asked the location of the Goshawk sighting.

Palatine, west of Twin Lakes, my backyard. ID is based on size, markings
and the call, a rapid kak-kak-kak-kak. At first, I thought it was a
barking squirrel. not so. And, I did look up the call as I had never
before heard it.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Paul Stensvaag <red.tail1960...>
[ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> A juvenile perched on the peak corner of the glass greenhouse above main
> bird feeding station. The window was opened and I looked when hearing the
> quick kak-kak-kak-kak which I mistakenly took for an angry squirrel.
>
> Goshawk size is stunning after seeing Coopers all season.
>
> NE Cook County

Join us on Facebook!