Date: 1/23/18 1:45 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: GREAT HORNED OWL ON NEST IN BENTON COUNTY
A Great Horned Owl was on a nest in Benton County today. The nest is in a deciduous tree with no leaves now, so quite visible. There were 3 well-developed young in this nest on May 3, 2017. This is in an open, heavily-developed area with a lot of traffic, business, etc. Must also have lots of food, too.

In other Great Horned Owl news: Lynn Sciumbato from Morning Star Wildlife Rehabilitation Centerton brought a remarkable, vocal GHO to her presentation at Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area on Saturday. She had a full, appreciative room. The owl called several times while perched on her hand. We got close looks. I couldn't take my eyes off huge talons that curled around her finger.

Join us on Facebook!