Date: 1/22/18 2:07 pm
Subject: Proper channels for reporting Re: Hawks being shot and killed
I disagree with Parkin's suggestion - contacting DNR board members
about an individual violation would be counterproductive and
inefficient.

* The proper channel for reporting game law and natural resource
violations you witness in South Carolina is SC DNR Law Enforcement's
24-hour hotline: 1-800-922-5431

The hotline is part of Operation Game Thief:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dnr.sc.gov_law_OGT.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=aaFRTKr3ZcHAFQy545PUgFmGt_jPjCJY1sM6qzu6ask&s=6FJUV6zMF_cM43-SVIFrAja5bVt6ZL4q5hOVX9no7Mc&e=

You can report tips on violations anonymously if you wish to protect
your identity.

And someone shooting Hawks needs to be reported!

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Parkin Hunter <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> Email SCDNR board members and get some enforcement sent there.
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dnr.sc.gov_admin_board.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=aaFRTKr3ZcHAFQy545PUgFmGt_jPjCJY1sM6qzu6ask&s=EHOAHsSK-av_UPT5XnnKEQBUnKTvdp6v4EyYzflcGH4&e=
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 22, 2018, at 10:23 AM, "\"Herbert wrote:
>

> I know it is illegal to kill birds of prey. I met some people living out
> in the country this weekend whose chickens are being taken by the red
> tailed hawks; they are free range chickens, so are out and about all the
> time. This is in Georgetown County near Williamsburg County. They stated
> that they have shot several red tails in the past few weeks to try and
> save their chickens. But there are still hawks taking the chickens. (I
> saw, heard two while there).
>
> I suggested keeping chickens penned, getting a Great Pyrenees dog (like
> my goat farm lady uses to protect her chickens, which are penned). I also
> pointed out that killing hawks was illegal, but it didn¹t seem to bother
> them. I was quite distraught.
> I don¹t know the names of farmers, but what can be done about this?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Teri Lynn
> back in Charleston now

> This message was secured via TLS by MUSC.

Join us on Facebook!