Date: 1/22/18 5:13 am
From: 'Jim Stasz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] Sandhill Crane, Scotland, MD (St. Mary's), 1/21
Hi Folks,

The crane continues. I got some identifiable photos, but it was not close.

Jim

Jim Stasz
North Beach MD
<Jlstasz...>

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:

Scottie Clark and his dad relocated the Sandhill Crane that they had seen yesterday and called us around noon today. Jane Kostenko and I jumped in the car ASAP and texted a few people to let them know we were headed down. As we were driving south through Dameron, Patty Craig and Anne Bishop literally were right behind us. We turned onto Harry James Road then down the Clark's private drive where the crane was visible across the creek. Having gotten identifiable looks at it, we drove around further down Harry Jame Road where the crane was much more visible on the edge of a field but edging around the creek. It was a county lifer for all of us and Patty is the Queen of St. Mary's County birding! Score :)

If you try and relocate the bird, go down Harry James Road until it opens up into fields on both sides of the road and it makes a 90° left bend. There's a cedar row and the bird was south of there. Bring your patience as it is secretive.

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland