Date: 1/20/18 3:31 pm
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Continuing GWFG at Lake Artemesia

We found 5 Greater White-fronted Geese resting on the remaining ice in the
north portion of Lake Artemesia (PG County) this afternoon. The south
pond had 1 Cackling Goose mixed in with all the Canada Geese and 1
domestic goose. There's no way I would have found the Cackling if the
sighting hadn't been posted earlier on here (thanks!). Digiscoped pics
sufficient for ID (and not much else!) are posted on eBird: follow the
link below the full checklist.

Lake Artemesia, Prince George's, Maryland, US
Jan 20, 2018 3:16 PM - 5:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.719 mile(s)
Comments: A loop around the lake looking for reported rarities
(success!).
24 species (+3 other taxa)

Greater White-fronted Goose 5 continuing rarity, resting with CANG and
RBGU on the ice in the north part of the lake, digiscoped ID pic uploaded
Domestic goose sp. (Domestic type) 1
Cackling Goose 1 swimming with CANG in south part of lake, digiscoped
ID pic uploaded
Canada Goose 1200
Mallard 6
Ring-necked Duck 12
Bufflehead 5
Hooded Merganser 8
Ruddy Duck 2
Turkey Vulture 2
American Coot 3
Ring-billed Gull 50
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Downy/Hairy Woodpecker 1 just one call
Blue Jay 1
American Crow 1
Carolina Chickadee 3
Brown Creeper 1
Carolina Wren 1
American Robin 3
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 6
White-throated Sparrow 25
Northern Cardinal 1
blackbird sp. 1

View this checklist online at

Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html