Date: 1/13/18 3:13 pm
From: Melanie <mherring5...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Lake Pleasant Barrow's Goldeneye, Surf Scoters and Horned Grebe
Saturday 1/13Barrows goldeneye continues at scorpion bay with 11 female common goldeneye from 3pm to 310pm.
10 lane boat ramp at 330pm I had  4 (four) surf scoters with a horned grebe in tow.  Distant photos of the cluster of scoters.
While at 10 lane boat ramp...I counted 60 assumed common goldeneye at a far distance as they were swimming in a line....didn't go over to check them out closer as I ran out of time.
Nice find, Steve!  Thx for the post.Melanie HerringGoodyear,  Az

Out and about on my mobile...
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Hosmer <sjhosmer...> Date: 1/12/18 12:09 PM (GMT-07:00) To: <aznmbirds...> Subject: [AZNMbirds]  CEAZ: Lake Pleasant Barrow's Goldeneye, Surf Scoters and Horned Grebe
This morning between 8:26 AM and 10:30 AM I went to the Lake Pleasant Regional
Park (Maricopa County).  The biggest highlight was finding a male Barrow's
Goldeneye among a group of female Common Goldeneyes just north of the Scorpion
Bay Marina (viewed from the parking lot overlooking the marina).  Photos have
been posted to my eBird checklist.  A scope is necessary.

Also found were the continuing 3 Surf Scoters and Horned Grebe near the Ten-
Lane Boat Ramp.  They were near the line of buoys offshore and require a scope
for good looks.  I posted photos of the birds in my eBird checklist.  Also
seen in the same area, but further offshore, was the continuing Common Loon
(too far offshore for me to photograph).

Take care and good birding.

Steve Hosmer
Anthem, AZ

To view archive: click "Archive" on that page.Home Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds