Date: 1/13/18 12:03 pm
From: Dick Ashford <dicka...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Butte Valley and Klamath Basin raptors
Leslie Hart and I visited Butte Valley and portions of the Township Road area yesterday. We covered slightly less than 1/2 of our usual route, but had a really nice day in the field.

We saw small numbers of Bald Eagles, Rough-legged Hawks, and Northern Harriers as well as:
10 Golden Eagles, incl 3 pairs (adults at undisclosed nesting sites)
25 Ferruginous Hawks, including one dark morph bird
5 Prairie Falcons (4 in Butte Valley)
10 American Kestrels

Cheers,
Dick