Date: 1/13/18 10:54 am
From: Arla Eckert <turtle...> [MOB-Montana] <MOB-Montana...>
Subject: Re: [MOB-Montana] Re: Squirrel proof?
I have found that the feeders I have hanging from the side of the house on flower type hangers well below the roof overhang and well off the ground and away from any thing that the tree rats can jump from work for me. I have had up to 7 squirrels in the yard. Arla Eckert Great Falls

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 13, 2018, at 10:44 AM, Cheri Seli <montanabirder...> [MOB-Montana] <MOB-Montana...> wrote:
>
> Richard,
> Thank you SO much!! Just yesterday my husband and I were discussing this very topic. We are in the process of building/designing a new deck to replace the one taken out by snow last year. That deck had been temporary all along, and so had no steps to the ground; squirrels never once came up on it to bother my feeders. The new deck ~ not so much. Having grown up in NC, where the squirrels are voracious and not to be deterred, I knew that a “squirrel-proof” feeder was likely a waste of money.
>
> I can’t wait to get our deck finished and try the slinky idea!
>
> Cheri Seli
> Plains
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Cheri Seli <montanabirder...>
> ------------------------------------
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

Posted by: Arla Eckert <turtle...>